39 Design Tips for the Modern Home
Discovery of Creativeness in Startling Places
- When you will use the ceramic tile to hold a renovation project, make the material’s flexibility work as much as possible for you. Plan the kind of mood you want to create in any given room and select colors and finishes that will help achieve it.
- Bright colors help improve the light.
- Earthy & tawny colors transmit calmness.
- Blues, greens & browns can be used to create natural spaces
- while the contrast of black & white adds simplicity & elegance.
- Mixtures of finishes & textures in ceramic tile can help in breaking up the linear nature of a room and make it more dynamic.
- Relief and “volume” finishes, as well as large format tiles, enable you to change the apparent dimensions of a room and play with the light.
- Imitations of wood and stone give a greater sense of comfort and create references to natural elements.
- The shade of hardwood or laminate flooring you choose can dramatically change the look of your room.
- Lighter colors of flooring help small rooms appear larger, while rich, dark tones add drama to larger rooms to create a warmer, more intimate feel.
- Choose a starting point. Pick your favorite object in a room, whether it’s an antique wardrobe or a natural harbor window. Make it the centerpiece and decorate around it.
- Let your favorite object suggest the color palette for the entire room.
- Hang artwork at eye level, generally so the center of the artwork is 60 inches high. If it’s too high or too low, it loses its impact. If you’re hanging it above a sofa or chest of drawers, place it between 5 and 10 inches above.
- Don’t rush it. Rooms should evolve. If you’re having trouble getting started, look for inspiration from a favorite piece of furniture, a photograph or area rug. Build from there. All spaces should be a reflection of you.
- For contemporary interiors consider tile with clean straight edges to ensure tighter sealant joints. For a more traditional feel, look for tile with carved edges and wider grout joints.
- Before making a final decision always take flooring samples home with you to view them in the proper context and under various light conditions.
- When renovating your space don’t forget to lookup. One element homeowners tend to overlook when renovating is the lighting and good lighting plays a key role in your home.
- Keep your fabric pattern and print choices to a minimum.
- You must use a few solid colors in all of the room will give the space a more natural, peaceful flow.
- Are you Tired with white & neutral colored flooring? Go for color and you’ll have a floor that shows better because it’s more forgiving of your busy lifestyle.
- Do you have pets, know that some carpets (especially looped ones) are not a great choice because pet claws and collars can get caught in them. Ask your flooring retailer about the best floor covering to accommodate your furry friends. Also, choose darker palettes or patterns to hide pet marks.
- Consider laying your floor on a diagonal as opposed to more traditional straight lines.
- This can break up your space and add more interest to your room.
- When designing your room, consider the 3 F’s of interior design; Function, Flow & Focal Point.
- Function; what will the room be used for?
- Flow; What are the entrances & exits & how will traffic move through the room?
- Focal Point; what is your focal point? Is it a window, fireplace or table?
- Arranging the furniture is more of an art than a science, so try a few different arrangements on your paper floor plan before attempting the real thing. It’s a lot easier moving a paper sleeper sofa than a real one.
- Place area carpets around the areas you designate for seating. It is better than the rugs are too big as opposed to being too small.
- The rule of thumb for size is that, at the minimum, the front legs of couches or love seats are on the rug.
- Ideally, all legs should be on the rug but just the front legs are acceptable.
- Other items such as end tables or chairs need to be completely on the rug.
- Dark hardwoods tend to highlight dust, nicks, and scratches. Medium and light colors will better secrete wear and tear and are more forgiving if you have a busy schedule that doesn’t allow time for daily dusting.
- Painting the walls a similar color to some of the major pieces in the room will make it appear that there is less furniture in the room. Maintaining a monochromatic color scheme will open up space.
- Who says you have to install only one width of hardwood flooring? Consider laying 2 different widths side by side for more pizzazz.
- One of the best things about ceramic tile is the variety of sizes available today.
- Combine different sizes of tile to create striking patterns. Some modular formats allow you to put 2, 3 and even 4 sizes within one space.
- Whether you choose laminate, tile, wood, or vinyl; lighter colors will help you to give the impression of a larger and more open space. Off-white tones like ivory, cream, and light tan can add stylishness to living rooms and bedrooms.
- If you opt for wood or laminate flooring, consider installing the planks parallel with the longest dimension of the room. This installation technique has a lengthening effect that makes the room look larger.
- If you have an adjoining family room and dining room in your Fishers home, running the planks vertically in a way that connects both rooms can also help to visually expand the space.
- Favor longer, larger planks in hardwood instead of smaller, thinner ones, which can make a space look more cramped.
- Another room-expanding technique is opting for a glossy flooring finish rather than a flat or matte texture.
- Non-shiny flooring can have a subduing and contracting effect, satin and high gloss finishes brighten up even darker colored flooring choices.
- Flooring with lots of detail, such as intricate patterns or textures, should be avoided in smaller rooms.
- When choosing a color scheme, keep in mind this simple artist’s rule: cool colors recede and warm colors advance.
- If you love dark wood floors, offset them with lighter, cooler tones in your walls and furniture. The contrast of light and dark will be both visually striking and prevent the room from feeling enclosed.
- If you decide to go with a medium to light shades for your floor, many interior designers suggest using similar colors for the walls.
- you need at least one large or full-length mirror in the bedroom anyway to make a small room look larger
- If your bedroom is very small, and especially if there is little space between the end of the mattress and the wall, skip the footboard to make a small room look larger.
For More Suggestions and Tips or Tricks Contact Sun Floors Imports Pty. Ltd.
We have the best and experienced staff in the industry who can guide you and give the best solution according to your requirement. We have 100% Satisfied Customers which can be viewed from our Google’s Review List. Sun Floors deal in all flooring items like laminate flooring, hybrid vinyl flooring, vinyl flooring, floor tiles, outdoor tiles, bamboo flooring, engineered wood flooring, kitchen stone bench-tops. So there are lots of options are available with us from where you can choose according to your desire. So For more Information or for Free Suggestion Call: +61 3 9706 6338
Listen this Post